5 Essential Things You Need To Know Before Getting Dermal Fillers
As we grow older, it’s a natural process for our bodies to change, and these changes also appear on our skin. These aging effects often include noticeable changes in the skin’s appearance, such as facial wrinkles and sagging cheekbones. Nevertheless, dermal fillers offer a solution to address these signs of aging by replenishing the lost subcutaneous fats that support the skin as it ages.
There are several types of dermal filler treatments in Harley Street that you can try. However, before making any final decision it is important to know what you should consider before treatment. So below we have enlisted top things you must know before getting dermal fillers.
1. Different Types of Dermal Fillers – Various kinds of dermal fillers are suitable for achieving specific outcomes. The filler used to enhance your cheeks cannot be used interchangeably on your lips or under your eyes. Therefore, it’s important to know which to understand your goal completely. It will help your doctor plan beforehand and decide which type of filler will suit you.
2. Dermal Fillers Can Have Side Effects – Usually, there are minimal side effects after dermal fillers, and should disappear on their own after a few hours of treatment. Side effects may include mild swelling, redness, bruising, and minor bleeding around the treated area. In rare cases, a few patients may encounter allergic reactions, resulting in prolonged swelling, redness, itching, and the development of bumps. In more severe situations, improper placement of the filler injection can lead to the rare occurrence of blindness. Hence, it is of utmost importance to select professional dermal filler treatments in Harley Street when opting for your dermal filler procedure.
3. All Dermal Fillers Are Not Permanent – The majority of dermal fillers is temporary and can be reversed if you are dissatisfied with the outcome. Hyaluronic acid-based fillers, in particular, can be dissolved using hyaluronidase injections. Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that can effectively break down these fillers, providing a rapid solution. After the filler has been dissolved, you can explore the option of revision procedures.
4. Make Sure Your Doctor is Qualified – The misconception that untrained individuals can do dermal fillers is dangerous and can result in severe complications. It’s essential to get dermal filler treatments in Harley Street from qualified dermatologists with extensive training and expertise. Choosing a qualified and experienced dermatologist is critical to minimize risks and ensure satisfactory outcomes.
5. Who Should Avoid Dermal Fillers? – Various researches stated that dermal fillers are not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers. Women who are pregnant or have recently given birth are advised to avoid this treatment. It is suggested to stay away from using skin fillers before dental treatments including teeth cleaning as these procedures involve skin pulling which might shift the fillers from their original position.
The dermal filler procedure is a safe way to get youthful radiance. However, having proper knowledge is important. Therefore, before embarking on your journey with dermal fillers, remember these five essential tips. From choosing the right provider for jawline filler in Harley Street to understanding the procedure, these insights will empower you to make informed, confident decisions for timeless beauty.